Each session has set fees based on the number of weeks classes run. If you plan to register more than one child, we offer a $15 sibling discount per additional child. Payments can be made online through your Amilia account. Cash or cheque registrations may be made in person at Kanata. All classes must be paid in full with the required Bingo/Fundraiser bond (cheque or credit card authorization form) before your gymnast will be permitted to participate.
Alberta Gymnastics Federation Fees
All Kanata participants are required to be registered members of Alberta Gymnastics Federation (AGF). This ensures they are insured while participating in any activity related to our club. AGF fees are paid once yearly and must be renewed every July. AGF fees are valid from July to June of the following year. Please note: AGF Insurance Memberships are non-refundable once classes have commenced
A surcharge of $10 will be added to all NSF cheques and re-payment must be made in full and in cash before your child’s next scheduled class.
Full refunds and release from any bingo/fundraising obligations will be given to anyone wishing to cancel their registration if notice in writing is given a minimum of one week before the start of the first class.
A pro-rated refund less an administrative fee of $10.00 and Alberta Gymnastic Federation Fee will be given if written notice of cancellation is received prior to the start of the third scheduled class.
No refunds will be given after the start of the third class for reasons other than illness (a doctor’s note must be submitted and a refund is given from the date note received).
Participants who withdraw after the start of the third class may or may not have their fundraising deposit returned (depends on whether fundraiser has started at time of withdrawing) but will still be expected to fulfill their bingo requirements to the club.
If Kanata cancels a program due to enrollment or scheduling issues, participants will be moved to the next available class of your choice. If no suitable replacement can be found, a refund will be issued minus Amilia service fees
If Kanata must cancel a class or classes in the event of circumstances beyond our control (i.e. coach illness, building issues, global pandemic, etc.) we will provide a credit on your Amilia account for missed classes only. Please note, credit amounts are non-refundable and can be used towards future class enrollments at Kanata.
*** If a session is canceled due to COVID-19 prior to the fourth class, participants will be charged a lesser AGF fee of $15. The remainder of the AGF fee will be refunded and a prorated credit for the class will be provided. If a session is canceled during or after the fourth class, participants will be charged the entire AGF amount and provided a prorated credit for the class. ****
Competitive Program (includes pre-competitive)
- A trial period is given to all competitive athletes. This trial period is to ensure that the program is achieving the athlete’s goals as well as the coaching goals. September 30 is the deadline for leaving the program. Athletes will be evaluated by the coaching staff to ensure that the Competitive Program is where the athlete should be, as well this is the deadline to advise IF the program is not what your athlete wants. Please advise in written notice.
- Full refunds and release from any bingo/fundraising obligation will be given to anyone wishing to cancel their registration IF written notice is received within 2 weeks from the start of their first day of class.
- A prorated refund, less an administrative fee of $25.00, and Alberta Gymnastics Federation Fee will be given if written notice of cancellation is received prior to the end of the trial period.
- Athletes who withdraw may not have their fundraising or bingo deposit returned, as this fundraiser may have started. Parents will still be expected to fulfill their session bingo requirements to the Club.
- If withdrawing for any reason after September 30, other than medical (a doctor’s note must be submitted), one month’s written notice is required and only fees for the months after withdrawing will be refunded. No refunds for partial months.
- i.e. written notice given Feb. 1 for withdrawing March 1 – individuals will receive March, April, and May fees back. If written notice received Feb. 1 for withdrawing Feb. 15, no refund given for the two weeks in Feb.
- If Kanata must cancel a class or classes in the event of circumstances beyond our control (i.e. coach illness, building issues, global pandemic, etc.) we will provide a credit on your account for missed classes. Please note, credit amounts are non-refundable and can be used towards future class enrollments at Kanata.
- If withdrawing after September 30 date, you will be responsible for payment of the team bodysuit and jacket as they will have been ordered.
- In the event that an athlete falls ill with COVID-19, a maximum of a 2 week credit will be given once a positive COVID-19 test is provided. Athlete will be credited for days missed only and the credit will be taken off of the next month’s installment. In a case where there are no further installments due, a refund can be provided. ***CREDIT ELIGIBLE FOR THE 2021/2022 SEASON ONLY*** Please refer to the competitive manual for any other sickness or injury.